Sunday, July 11, 2010

Engedi

It has been a while since I last posted (amazing how the months can fly by, yet seem to drag into eternity), and while I don't have much of an update, I do have a free afternoon with not a lot to do aside from posting narcissistically on our blog =)

So here I sit, in the shade in our BEAUTIFUL backyard, now that summer has finally arrived. Such is the joy of owning a laptop. The temperature hovers just below 80, and butterflies dance through the garden against a crayon-blue sky. This is what I have been longing for. Time, warmth, relaxation. Family, friends, and long days to spend laughing with them, until warm nights wrap us in happily exhausted sleep. A garden in which to grow green things, and an expanding belly in which to grow a daughter. A long to-do list that is, for once, riddled with fun and creative things. I love this sensation of peace.

I'm going to go sit in the hammock for a while and just stare at the bugs circling lazily in the shade of the mimosa tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment