Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

To be honest, I don't remember any of my resolutions from last year with one exception: eat more spicy foods. I did that, and it was delicious. This year, I'm going to write down my resolutions and pray about them, but I'll be happy if, by this time next year, I can remember just one. Here goes!

1. Spend more time with God. I really want to spend more time delving into the Word and learning more about the God who knows everything about me. I'm especially excited because I know that at least the beginning of this year will provide lots of structured opportunity for this: we have Community Group every Monday, Bible Study every Thursday, Perspectives on Fridays, and Church on Sundays. I like structure. And learning with people.

2. Have a baby. God willing, this could be an awesome resolution. Even if we don't have one this year, all the trying will be good for our marriage.

3. Spend less time at my job. I get paid from 7:00am until 2:30pm everyday, so staying until 4:30 on a regular basis isn't really all that good for me. I want to set a go-home time and actually stick to it. This will make me use my planning period more effectively, I hope. So, I hereby resolve to always go home by 3:30 every day and the only exception is if I have to set up for a sub.

4. Close out Dad's estate. This includes: closing out the IRA still held with Fidelity, filing tax returns, redeeming that tricky savings bond, emptying the bank accounts, and placing Dad's urn in the columbarium. It'll really feel good when that is all done. My list is so much shorter now than it used to be, and I'll be happy when there's nothing left to do but remember my dad for the great guy he was.

Four seems like a reasonable number to tackle. I'll stick with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment