Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blogging

Amy and I hosted our Julie and Julia party last night, which was a HUGE success! Everybody brought delicious foods, we stuffed ourselves silly, and Julie and Julia was even better than I remembered. What a sweet movie. The winning recipe of the night went to Trish with her banana layer cake, which must have been divinely inspired. Watching Julie and Julia made me want to blog again, but I feel like I don't have anything to blog about compared to her. She had a purpose, a mission...I just ramble on about my life. It made me want to have a purpose, too, but I already feel like I have a God-given purpose and I'm already on mission...it's just not a mission like Julie's with a countdown clock and a list to check off. I'm very much a list person, but that gets tricky when I'm not the one writing the list and I don't really get to see it at all. Knowing it's there and that God will help me meet the goals on the list is enough for me.

I suppose I can blog about the new recipe I tried last night, though: Hot Buttered Rum. I'd never had it before, and it was on page 62 of Joy of Cooking, so I thought it might be a good addition to the appetizer recipe I brought (which was not the greatest success of my life). Here's the recipe:

Hot Buttered Rum
-dust the inside of a warmed 8oz mug with 1tsp confectioner's sugar
-add 1tbsp real butter (I used a little less)
-add 2oz dark rum (I like Myers)
-fill the rest of the mug with boiling water and stir
-add some fresh ground nutmeg on top (I forgot this part)

I made them a little on the lighter side since we were all driving, but they did end up tasting pretty awesome. Hooray for a successful recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment