Monday, February 15, 2010

How to Grow a Human

Step 1: Rely on God's plan and timing...but, you know, go through the motions ;-)
Step 2: Start taking vitamins that you probably should have been taking anyway
Step 3: Obsess over every little pinch and pain in your abdomen until finally deciding that it's probably just constipation from the vitamins and you're not actually pregnant afterall
Step 4: Discover that you, in fact, ARE pregnant and begin to seriously doubt your powers of self-assessment.
Step 5: Eat EVERYTHING IN SIGHT

I'm at about step 5 right now. Except...for once in my life, I'm not the least bit interested in sweets. Derek's mom made what was probably a delicious pie, and cookies, and chocolate cake, but it all tasted like dust in my mouth. I'm officially broken. To top that off, I'm craving savory/salty things...this must be Derek's kid =)

2 comments:

  1. BOY!!:)I can no longer eat everything in sight:( Eat some for me would ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the blast from the past, but it's taken courage to just come this far. I thought of you today and through google ended up finding this blog. I was very sorry to hear that your father passed away. I can't imagine what that must be like, but I offer you and your family my thoughts and prayers. Your father was very kind to me, and I remember him fondly.

    Also, my heart is filled with happiness knowing that you and Derek were married and that your father was there to see it. I'm certain your baby will add yet another blessing to your life as well--I'm so thrilled to hear of it. I wish you health and good cheer in everything you do.

    If you'd ever like to get in touch, I'd love to hear more about what's happening in your life. My permanent email's just my last name then my first and middle initials at gmail.

    In friendship,

    Rase

    P.S. Learning of a sudden all that's going on in your life, I thought of these verses from Psalm 20. I hope they provide you comfort and hope:

    "May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God."

    ReplyDelete