Saturday, February 6, 2010

Praises

I praise you, God, for the beautiful mountains lit by morning sun, resembling crisp sheets of starched linen reflected in the still waters of the sound.

I praise you, God, for your commandment to Sabbath, to take the time to enjoy your Word and your Creation for all the glory contained therein.

I praise you, God, for giving us purpose in times of great need, and direction to best glorify you in our struggles.

I praise you, God, that my students raised more than $3,000 for Haiti and feel the joy that comes with God-given compassion.

I praise you, God, for the fullness of life that comes only from knowing you.

I praise you, God, for babies, and for all the joy and heartache in every story I hear.

I praise you, God, for endowing us with a desire to be creative as you are creative, and to enjoy created things as they pertain to your glory, not in and of themselves.

I praise you, God, for giving cats the ability to be warm, soft, and purring all at once.

I praise you, God, for giving me Derek; my favorite example of your love, mercy, and compassion.

I praise you, God, because I get to. That's the best thing of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment